How to build a buyer persona: A recipe for success
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Successful businesses all have one thing in common: a deep understanding of their customers.
But knowing who your customers are and knowing why they buy from you are two different things. It's not enough to know general demographic data for your consumers — you need to understand what drives consumer behavior and what might make them choose your brand over your competitors.
One of the best ways to gain a deeper understanding of your customers is through buyer personas. These personas help you create profiles that are representative of the various subsets of your audience, and they can provide important context around demographic data.
Buyer personas provide a picture of a real customer, revealing their real challenges and motivations. Knowing this information will guide both your sales and marketing.
But how do you build these valuable personas?
Well, it's simple. Building a buyer persona for your brand can be as easy as following your favorite recipe. The infographic below explains this process, including:
- Prepare an ingredient list: As you create new forms on your website, make sure you include fields that will inform future persona creation.
- Check your pantry: Analyze existing data from sources like your contact database and website analytics.
- Go to the grocery store: Conduct interviews and focus groups to gather new information.
Creating personas is straightforward, yet many companies still do not use them.
If your business isn’t taking advantage of personas, follow the process outlined in the visual below to craft detailed buyer personas that will help boost sales and marketing for your brand.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- Avoiding security deposit pitfalls when renewing your lease
- Give your team a motivational makeover
- ADA shares vision for the future in oral health with surgeon general
- Travel2020: America’s most haunted places gear up for Halloween
- Interior design activity regains momentum
- How the global fresh food market is evolving
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How