Success factors of green spas
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
For spa owners or managers who decide to go green, there are many important aspects worth taking into account. The aim of this article is to draw attention to crucial factors that contribute to the success of sustainable spa operations.
Here are some key success factors that are applicable for all types of spas:
- conducting market research and establishing a niche within one's market segment
- being authentic and consistent with one's theme
- creating a budget and monitoring finances
- hiring experienced staff
However, while operating a green spa, the following success factors need to be considered as well:
Environmental policy statement
Creating an environmental policy statement including the interests of the spa, as well as of the people working within the spa, is a crucial factor for a green spa's success.
Treatment and retail products
Not only are retail products a revenue increasing success factor, but they also provide a message. They speak about the spa's authentic commitment to sustainability and give emphasis to the spa's credibility and identity as a green spa. The choice of treatment and retail products is therefore essential for branding and economic success in the green spa industry.
Green committees are on-staff groups that focus on planning, strategizing and carrying out a spa's sustainability actions. Creating such a green committee is a great method to design and subsequently implement changes necessary in a spa toward Earth-friendly practices.
Another important factor that needs to be considered is setting realistic objectives for implementing specific measures.
The list of critical factors concerning greening spas is much longer. However, bearing these four aspects in mind will ensure a smooth start of your greening initiative.
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- Avoiding security deposit pitfalls when renewing your lease
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 3 secrets to successful leadership
- Have Zoom, will design
- Job insecurity and economic uncertainty: How leaders can ease the emotional toll on employees
- Safety practices for the construction site during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 key remote tech tools all real estate pros need right now
- It’s time for a reset — we need to change the game of business
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How