Infuse your event with the 2018 Color of the Year: Ultra Violet
Thursday, January 04, 2018
It is here, ladies and gentlemen. Our official color of 2018 is Pantone 18-3838, Ultra Violet. As stated in the official press release, Ultra Violet is a "dramatically provocative and thoughtful purple shade" and it "communicates originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking that points us towards the future."
Well, I love it!
This Ultra Violet shade of purple is intense and moving. It is no surprise that images of the cosmos or a vast, starry night sky would naturally come to mind. The color is also regal — as we are accustomed to seeing it used to depict luxury and power.
Over the course of history, we have seen different shades of purple used to symbolize counterculture, unconventionality and artistic brilliance. As Pantone reminds us, Prince, David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix are just a few musical icons that brought Ultra Violet to the forefront of western pop culture.
"The Pantone Color of the Year has come to mean so much more than 'what's trending' in the world of design; it's truly a reflection of what's needed in our world today," added Laurie Pressman, vice president of the Pantone Color Institute.
So how can we use Ultra Violet in the meetings and events industry?
Design and decor
This color can take your event design in many different directions. It can either totally transform a space into extraordinary self-expression or be used to tone down a room with subdued, modern pairings. Try lush velvet furniture to add an element of intrigue for events.
One of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of a space is through lighting. Ultra Violet delivers a powerful punch to any lighting strategy. Infuse this color and add loads of drama — inside and outside.
It will be interesting to see how caterers infuse Ultra Violet into their event menus for 2018. I wouldn't be surprised if we are treated to some new "it" foods such as acai and purple-shaded cauliflower, carrots and yams. They are all naturally rich in nutrients and antioxidants and bring vibrancy and sophistication to the table.
Ultra Violet makes a big statement in any space — regardless of how it is used. Traditional furniture options get a touch of unexpected boldness with the Ultra Violet color choice. Try incorporating lush velvet furniture for a punch of intrigue to your evening events.
The 2018 Color of the Year is nuanced and full of emotion. There are countless ways you can incorporate Ultra Violet into your event palette to create a powerful statement.
- 13 ways to screw up your RV
- 6 All-American Roads that you simply can’t miss
- 7 critical trade show mistakes you’re making and don’t know it
- Full-time RV living: Should you buy a 5th wheel or a motorized RV?
- 7 key trends emerging in the hospitality industry
- Oops! Learn a lesson from these awkward RV mistakes
- Motorhome living: The simple life
- 6 of the most amazing national park drives in the US
- How to improve your organization’s telecommuting policies
- Sacrificing service on the altar of efficiency
- Do active workstations benefit employees?
- US’ largest nonprofit integrated healthcare system to be carbon neutral by 2020
- Last call: Only a few days left to register in advance for the ADA Annual Meeting
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How