Infographic: How do Americans feel about online privacy?
Friday, August 24, 2018
Do Americans really care about internet security? It seems that most are aware of the risks of using the internet, but make no efforts to protect their information, according to a recent study examining how Americans feel about internet security in 2018.
The data shows that 93 percent of respondents were just as much or more concerned about the state of cybersecurity as last year. But what exactly are they afraid of?
It appears that the majority of Americans — about 51 percent — fear attacks by hackers, while 26 percent are worried about the collection of their data from major corporations. Another underlying fear of many Americans is a general mistrust in key institutions to protect their data.
Due to the deluge of data breaches in 2017 and 2018, people feel as if it’s only a matter of time before their data is exposed to cyberattackers.
However valid those fears may be, Americans still take no precautionary steps to protect their data, which begs the question: What will it take for Americans to prioritize internet security? To learn more about the study, take a look at the infographic below.
Infographic courtesy of TheBestVPN.com.
- Law Enforcement, Defense & Security
- Association Management
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- CES 2021 highlights the federal force behind a new era in technology
- 10 simple reasons companies keep failing at strategic execution
- Governance: Plain and simple
- Study: How job seekers’ social media profiles affect employability
- What to see and do in America’s newest national park
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How