Infographic: How do Americans feel about online privacy?
Friday, August 24, 2018
Do Americans really care about internet security? It seems that most are aware of the risks of using the internet, but make no efforts to protect their information, according to a recent study examining how Americans feel about internet security in 2018.
The data shows that 93 percent of respondents were just as much or more concerned about the state of cybersecurity as last year. But what exactly are they afraid of?
It appears that the majority of Americans — about 51 percent — fear attacks by hackers, while 26 percent are worried about the collection of their data from major corporations. Another underlying fear of many Americans is a general mistrust in key institutions to protect their data.
Due to the deluge of data breaches in 2017 and 2018, people feel as if it’s only a matter of time before their data is exposed to cyberattackers.
However valid those fears may be, Americans still take no precautionary steps to protect their data, which begs the question: What will it take for Americans to prioritize internet security? To learn more about the study, take a look at the infographic below.
Infographic courtesy of TheBestVPN.com.
- Law Enforcement, Defense & Security
- Association Management
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 9 steps to more concise business writing
- US employers shed 700,000 jobs, as unemployment rises to 4.4%
- During pandemic, US hospitals are firing, furloughing and cutting pay
- Repurpose the foundation
- Virtual events are essential marketing tools for the short and long term
- How to get free PR for your telehealth services
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How