4 tips to plan your day productively
Thursday, November 21, 2019
No matter if you’re a small business owner, a healthcare professional, a CEO, or a teacher, there are specific ways that these productivity gurus are reaching out to you, wanting to help you be more productive.
But no matter who you are or what your vocation is, it all comes down to your day. Specificity is key. From the moment you wake up to when you’re finally retiring to bed that night, your habits, tasks and thoughts are all contributing to how productive you are.
Over the years, you go through seasons of productivity periods. Summer is shown to be more productive to workers, while some people report feeling more productive during the evenings. Regardless, if you can learn to plan your days properly, you can be productive whenever you want, no matter the season or time of day.
Here are some tips to planning a productive day:
Get a full night's rest: Studies show that people are more productive when they have gone through their full REM cycle and properly slept.
Plan your day: Now that you’ve got a list of stuff clogging up your brain, take a leaf out of Benjamin Franklin’s book and schedule tasks for the day. Remember to include breaks, unlike ol’ Ben.
Prioritize: Sometimes in your list of things, there are some things that can get downgraded in priority, moved to a different day, delegated to a different person or altogether deleted. Stop pushing yourself to do everything. Focus on doing the important things first.
These four tips can get you started towards figuring out how to be more productive and planning your day out — but these are only the beginning. Try out different things! For example, do you like planning on paper vs. digital more? Or, maybe you need some sort of reward system?
The more you think logically about how to plan your day, the more productive your days will get. And remember — it’s not just about how many tasks get done, it’s about effectively using your time and prioritizing what’s really important to you.
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- How millennial managers are reshaping the workplace
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 3 secrets to successful leadership
- How COVID-19 might affect the commercial real estate market
- Employees may hate their jobs — but they’re not going to quit
- Flying the friendly skies with a little help from HEPA filters
- To survive the future, business owners look to the past
- My team outperformed expectations amid WFH — but we’re still heading back to the office eventually
- Brand altruism in the age of COVID-19: 5 marketing mistakes you should never make
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How