Video: How to manage .45 recoil with only 2 fingers
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
This is a demonstration…not a how-to video.
Sometimes, the firearms training industry gets in a rut…and people get very emotional about techniques that they read about or see on videos without ever testing them.
One of the sacred cows of gun training is that you should squeeze the life out of your pistol, get as much meat on metal as possible, and push in from the sides to manage recoil effectively.
I heard, believed, and taught that for years.
I’ve never been married to a specific technique…only to the most effective and efficient technique, so when Larry Yatch and Beau Doboszenski showed me the “Vice Grip,” I tested and adopted it.
The Vice Grip applies force in the same plane as the recoil forces of the gun (forward and backwards) to give you the most mechanical advantage.
You get better recoil management with less effort than if you squeeze in from the side. But people dismiss it without actually trying it.
So, I took things to the extreme…and I’m going to show you how you can effectively manage recoil…even from a .45…with only to fingers touching the grip and nothing touching the sides of the gun. Keep in mind, the video at the top is NOT a how-to video. It’s a demonstration.
This is a prime example of how high leverage training can get you better results with less effort. And why we’re consistently able to help shooters shoot two times faster, with two times tighter groups in only 21 days for less than the cost of a single trip to the range with this training.
When you squeeze 100% with your shooting hand, one of the things that happens is that your trigger finger doesn’t move freely…when you try to press the trigger, your other fingers and sometimes your wrist will flex with it, throwing your shot off.
But if you could squeeze with less force, applied more intelligently, you can have better recoil management and faster, more accurate follow-up shots.
And, if you’re a serious shooter, you owe it to yourself to check out 21 Day Alpha Shooter…it’ll give you the biggest bang for the buck of any firearms training on the market. It’s used by members of elite military units from around the world, top tactical law enforcement from coast to coast, and thousands of responsibly armed Americans.
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- The stress of 911 call-takers and emergency dispatchers
- Pros and cons of the wadcutter bullet
- 4 outdoor adventure companies that pivoted to mask manufacturing and how they’re doing now
- What you should know about the virtual strategic planning process
- Algorithm could help keep consumers safe from illegal online pharmacies
- How clarity builds a stronger team
- Survey: Employers face potential exodus of supply chain talent
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How