Video: Comparing the top laser training pistols
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
I'm asked all the time about various laser training platforms, including the SIRT Dry Fire Pistol, the M&P SIRT, the SIRT Pocket Pistol, Laser-Ammo’s laser barrel insert for airsoft guns, and the CoolFire Trainer.
Finally, after months working with all of them, I have a valuable video review to present.
There seems to be a new trend of doing "unboxing" videos where people review products as they’re opening the package for the first time. I guess there’s some value in this, but what I really want to know is how gear works when you actually use it.
I say this in the video, but it’s worth repeating. I know and like people from each company. Some of them are good friends. That being said, I have spent thousands of dollars buying laser training gear because I like it and use it. And my review reflects those experiences more than my relationships with people at the companies.
I cover benefits and limitations of each, special considerations for training on the road, training late at night or early in the morning, training in different temperatures, training around pets, training with neighbors, using a laser trainer that’s slightly different than your real steel, and the best options for 1911 owners.
As always, if you’re looking for the best at-home or in-department training to use with each and every one of these laser trainers, you really need to go through the 21 Day Alpha Shooter program or Draw Stroke Mastery for more advanced shooters.
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- The stress of 911 call-takers and emergency dispatchers
- Pros and cons of the wadcutter bullet
- Children of the badge: The impact of stress on law enforcement children
- The most important job of a leader
- Is your hospital’s patient-centered approach specific enough?
- Wielding the power of offline discussions
- Remodeling activity to ease, then dip in 2020
- What you should know about Texas’ newest gun laws
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How