The dangers of home title fraud: What it is and how to stop it
Thursday, April 08, 2021
It’s time to look at one of the latest cybersecurity threats out there. Typically, when you think of cyber scams, you’re usually thinking about things such as credit card fraud, identity theft, viruses, phishing, and so on.
An emerging trend is home title fraud, which literally is robbing people of their home and the home equity they have built up over the course of years. You might be surprised to learn that real estate and rental fraud grew more than 2.6 times the rate of credit card fraud from 2015 to 2019.
How does this happen? First, forged deeds can be created by using easy to access online data. The perpetrators then try to file paperwork with the county claiming that they own your home. Finally, you as the true homeowner is typically unaware of what’s been happening until it’s too late: you then receive a letter indicating that you’re being foreclosed on.
Protect your home from home title fraud today and check out how you can stop this crime in its tracks through the visual deep dive below:
- Civil & Government
- Construction & Building Materials
- Facilities & Grounds
- Law Enforcement, Defense & Security
- Science & Technology
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- You can’t be what you can’t see
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- Can employees take time off from work to vote?
- How educators can help students navigate career planning and their college choice during COVID-19
- Podcast: Tips for hiring contractors on Upwork and Fiverr
- Link the strategic plan to the budget
- How to finally solve employee engagement
- How to get started with Facebook Ads: Small business edition
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How