Report: The evolving use of work order management systems
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Work order management systems continue to evolve rapidly in the world of facility maintenance. Today, these high-tech, integrated tools can access and provide data from multiple platforms and provide both retailers and vendors the information needed to make better, faster decisions that cut costs and improve efficiencies.
Recently, the Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association surveyed the retail industry to better understand the state of FM work order management practices and their impact on retail store maintenance operations. Results of the survey are included in the PRSM Association Work Order Management Practices Benchmarking Report.
Some key findings include:
- 93 percent of retailers who use metrics report improved vendor accountability and communications
- Almost every retail organization uses insights gained from computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to make decisions
- 82 percent of suppliers and 93 percent of retailers believe CMMS standards would benefit the industry
- Suppliers track IVR compliance rates, acceptance times, arrival and completion times, travel costs, customer complaints margins and net promoter scores
- 70 percent of suppliers use data insights to advise clients on ways to save, and more than half use data to drive down costs and evaluate technician performance
More than half of multisite retailers connect with their suppliers online through a third-party CMMS to manage work orders. One-fourth use an in-house CMMS, while 17 percent use a vendor/supplier implemented CMMS. Seven percent of retailers still manage work orders manually using spreadsheets, emails, etc.
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Avoiding security deposit pitfalls when renewing your lease
- EPEE: Cooling has an essential role to play
- US economy gains 245,000 jobs; unemployment rate drops to 6.7%
- Price adjustment clauses optimization
- ABLE accounts for the disabled: FAQs
- Ethology and veterinary practice: Human-companion animal behavioral rituals
- Optimizing your business’ ability to pivot
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How