Popular European RV website launches in the US
Monday, August 19, 2019
Following its successful introduction in Europe in 2015, CaraMaps, a French collaborative website and mobile app dedicated to RVers, has come to the United States.
Already serving nearly 250,000 travelers in six European countries with a free database of more than 60,000 locations (campgrounds, parking and service areas, tourist offices, etc.), CaraMaps is confident that its slick, intuitive online directory will find acceptance in the vastly larger U.S. market, which is 9 million RV owners strong.
The foundation for the site is its listings of roughly 16,000 campgrounds and 7,000 RV dealers across the country. Also on the tool list are parking areas, travel centers, gas stations and BLM lands.
Another valuable feature of the mobile app is its integrated GPS that provides point-to-point navigation. Users also can book and pay for campsites online.
In its startup form, details are sparse in many of CaraMaps’ listings, a situation the company’s U.S. country manager, Agathe Le Roch, says will improve as more data is obtained and users begin adding reviews and photos — and when camping hosts such as farmers and wineries sign on with the site.
"We are a collaborative platform," says Le Roch, "and CaraMaps can only achieve its potential if people contribute to our database. We aim to create a real community of American travelers on CaraMaps as is the case in Europe at the moment."
Based in Bordeaux, CaraMaps was founded by a trio of young Frenchmen — entrepreneur and startup expert Nicolas Rabault, RV dealer Julien Toumieux, and multimedia web agency CEO Fabrice Desquaires.
- Recreation & Leisure
- Facilities & Grounds
- Science & Technology
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- Pros and cons of the wadcutter bullet
- RV modifications that every full-timer needs
- Podcast: How your patients can file out-of-network self-claims in less than 1 minute
- The brain on nature: The why behind biophilic design
- How to prevent product returns at your spa
- Cybersecurity attacks aren’t random, and your defense shouldn’t be, either
- Travel activities that won’t break the bank
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How