Podcast: Ideal cash-pay services for in-network and out-of-network practices
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
In this episode, Phil Plisky explains exactly how an insurance-based clinic can generate lots of cash-based revenue by offering wellness-focused screenings and injury-prevention services. He precisely describes how his clinic has successfully leveraged injury-prevention screenings to develop a wellness-service niche that patients are happy to pay for out of pocket, even though they are accustomed to using their insurance at that PT practice.
This low-risk approach to developing out-of-network business that can protect your practice from future reimbursement cuts might be an ideal way for practices that are highly reliant on insurance-based business to get started with the cash-based model.
This “highlight” is from a full episode on developing a niche with injury prevention programs.
More specifically, we discuss these cash-based practice topics:
- How “discharge testing” for insurance-based patients creates interest in cash-pay wellness services.
- The surprising sales approach that has proven effective in getting new prospects interested in the practice’s injury-prevention services, including getting traction with professional groups and athletic teams.
- Specific tests you can use to start offering injury-prevention screenings and associated services in your own practice.
- How these cash-based wellness screenings and services are affordably priced and positioned to be fully compliant with existing insurance contracts.
- How the injury-prevention programs are typically structured to meet the needs of each patient based on their individual risk.
- What to do during patient screenings in order to achieve full buy-in with whatever cash-pay programs they choose to pursue.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- BSN or ADN? Nursing at a crossroads
- Tight calf muscles: The Achilles’ heel of new runners
- Researchers ‘trick’ body into accepting organ transplant using cancer tactic
- Infographic: Tech to help you work smarter, not harder
- How to digitally market appropriately and compassionately during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Feeling restless? Follow these tips.
- How important is good office space design?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How