Podcast: How to convert a prospective patient calling your out-of-network clinic
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Click the play button above to listen to the podcast or click here to download.
This episode features my interview with Jerry Durham, co-owner of San Francisco Sport and Spine Physical Therapy, who transitioned his three-clinic practice completely out of network with all third-party payors except Medicare.
This episode dives into the details of the initial phone conversation with a prospective patient when your clinic is not in network with any insurances. He goes into so many important details, I actually recommend listening to this one twice and taking notes if you are serious about transitioning your practice out-of-network.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The "three points of conversion" for any new patient.
- Everything he has learned about optimizing the initial call from a prospective patient; especially given his clinics are out-of-network with all insurance.
- The interview process they went through to find the best people to answer the phones, and the qualities to look for in applicants for this position.
- Three books he highly recommends for anyone in private practice.
- Key concepts about how to handle (and train employees to handle) the initial call from prospective patients when your clinic is out-of-network.
- The concept of "Unique Value Proposition" and its importance to your clinic’s ability to survive, and your staff to sell your out-of-network services to prospective patients.
- "Needs vs. Wants" in your prospective patients, and their importance in how you speak with them on the phone and how you guide that conversation.
- How to define your own "brand promises" and "unique value proposition."
- Why we are NOT selling physical therapy.
- As an out-of-network provider, how do you respond to the "do you take my insurance?" question.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Sports & Fitness
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- Why Agile is outperforming traditional project management models
- A look at the ways virtual and augmented reality can improve patients’ outcomes
- How do you recover from an upsetting interaction?
- Building authenticity in the B2B marketing world
- Fax elimination or evolution?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How