Podcast: A cash practice fueled by Instagram
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
With over 75,000 followers, Leon Knight gets at least one patient a week directly from Instagram. For a small solo cash practice … that’s huge, especially since he currently does zero paid social media advertising!
In this episode, Knight shares with us how he grew such a following, the kind of content that brings in local patients, and what he does with his social media to show that his practice is all about the patient.
But even if you have no interest in using Instagram for your practice, he also shares some great insights on how he pushed through any hesitancy about the cash-pay practice model, and got his practice going strong in very little time.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Leon’s unorthodox journey to physical therapy
- How he prepared for a quick switch to cash-PT just one year out of PT school
- The mindset of a cash PT patient and how to craft a perfect elevator pitch
- Strategies Leon used for pre-framing his insurance patients before opening his cash practice
- How Leon grew his Instagram presence to over 75,000 followers
- What types of Instagram content will produce local patients
- Tips for quickly producing high-quantity, high-quality Instagram content
- The best practices for reposting content and using #hashtags
- Why Leon has patient care even at the center of his social media presence
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sports & Fitness
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Science & Technology
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- BSN or ADN? Nursing at a crossroads
- 5 free tech tools for the music classroom
- View from Europe: HVAC and Brexit
- Is the investment industry beginning to change?
- Pilot study: Treating opioid use disorder with naltrexone during pregnancy shows promise
- Bummed, burnt or just plain beat?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How