Not just pumpkin: Fall food and beverage trends hit the retail sector
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Fall deals are springing up everywhere, and the retail space is putting up some exciting offers. Among these, the food and beverage segment is creating quite a wave.
Retail marketing sees new trends and styles come up all the time, at times seasonal and at times event-based. This is one of those times where marketing strategies evoke more seasonal cravings than usual.
Even before the season has truly set in, there have been some interesting products unveiled for consumers, both in retail stores and food establishments. Restaurants and cafes come up with their variations of fall on the menu, and the most notable one is Starbucks.
True to its brand, Starbucks is leading with its new fall offers. Along with the very popular Pumpkin Spice Latte and Salted Caramel Mocha, which are seasonal favorites for many, it is offering options like the Teavana Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte.
There is also an array of exciting fall foods to go with the drinks, such as the Morning Muffin, the Maple Pecan Muffin, the Blueberry Muffin, the Pumpkin Scone, the Apple Cider Doughnut and the cute Wise Owl Sugar Cookie.
In many ways, the sector waits all year to see what brands like Starbucks will offer. What more traditional retailers, such as grocers, come up with is more of a surprise.
One popular brand that surprised us this time is Trader Joe's. It launched a mashup of its two favorite fall foods that customers have loved for ages. The trendy mashup, Trader Joe's Candy Corn Popcorn, already has fans obsessing on Instagram. According to fans, this mashup may be fall 2018's most significant food trend.
Not to be left behind, Whole Foods has come up with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream. The limited-edition whipped cream or topping can be combined with an array of favorites like waffles, pancakes, and even ice cream.
Aldi has some exciting offers up its sleeve as well. Come October, Aldi's U.S. grocery stores that have the license to sell alcohol will sell O'Donnell's Pumpkin Spice Liqueur. The limited-time product is an all-time favorite of Aldi customers across the pond.
Target's 2018 fall food lineup has more than the usual pumpkin flavors. It has come up with an array of products featuring seasonal flavors from maple to cinnamon and pecan.
As we can see, seasonal offers have become a trend in and of themselves. Listed above is a glimpse of what’s already in the stores. But there is the promise of more to come as fall officially kicks in later this month.
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- EPEE: Cooling has an essential role to play
- Avoiding security deposit pitfalls when renewing your lease
- What is the future of airports under President Biden?
- In times of crisis: 5 strategies that lead to better decisions
- Signs that your business may scream, ‘I’m cheap!’
- Designing for celebrities: How career and technical education teachers motivate students
- Skilled trades report highlights significant job opportunities
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How