Looking ahead: Key digital marketing trends for 2020
Friday, October 04, 2019
It's never too early to start planning your digital marketing approach for the coming year! You've probably been thinking about your options and are trying to figure out what trends are the most important to pay attention to as you look at your new campaigns.
Now is the time to focus your efforts on the following key areas.
Keep your ad messages consistent for all digital marketing platforms. It can be tempting to shift your message dramatically because you think different demographics might appreciate the personalization.
That is a valid assumption. But save that strategy for your social media marketing approach, and use one consistent brand message so people will remember your essential point. Then, repeat your consistent message as often as possible.
Once your message becomes familiar to your audience, your consistency strategy will truly start to show itself in high profit numbers.
Comscore research shows that by next year, 50% of all searches will be through voice. Also, research projects that there will be 4.98 billion digital voice assistants in use worldwide next year, and that number is expected to keep shooting upward in subsequent years.
Concentrating your efforts toward voice search can pay huge dividends.
Social messaging apps
Research shows that 41 million mobile messages are sent online in one minute. Personalized messaging apps that take advantage of your audience's desire to receive relevant, targeted data are key.
Mine your consumer survey info to find out how your existing demographic likes to be addressed and befriend them as you message on behalf of your brand.
Page loading speed
Google research finds that 53% of users will exit a page if it doesn't load within three seconds. These folks most likely won't return to your website. As your competition's pages load even faster, you need to meet this challenge for 2020.
It's an IT no-brainer — make your loading times as speedy as possible. Make your site so easy to use and navigate that your audience automatically goes to you not just because your products and services are terrific, but because you eliminate waiting and extra steps from their agenda. That's a powerful key in terms of your company's outreach and expansion.
Emphasize the parts of your brand that are either tried and true or have won over your customer base due to their innovation. Either way, consumers will be intrigued, and will want to either come back for more or try your products and services for the first time.
Always act in a way that eliminates doubt from your audience — that's a trend that will never go out of style!
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- What is social capital, and how can educators help students build it?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Research paper: Small businesses lose big in COVID-19 closures
- Hydration: One bite at a time
- 7 tips to clean and maintain a bolt-action rifle
- Be kind to yourself — you’ll be healthier for it
- Lax security practices, weak passwords make children an easy target for hackers
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How