Is your local landing page helping or hurting your business?
Friday, June 18, 2021
Your local landing page is one of the most common ways a local consumer will be introduced to your business — if your landing page has all the right elements to attract their attention. In 2019, 90% of consumers searched the internet to find local businesses, and this avenue of interaction has become even more important since the pandemic began.
In order to successfully get noticed in a search and gain enough interest to attract actual customers, there are several things your landing page needs.
Firstly, your local landing page needs to include elements that will give it a high rank in Google’s Local Pack. Google’s Local Pack is where your business will be highly visible, will be linked to Google My Business listings, and will be displayed above organic search results. Some of the ranking elements include Google My Business factors; backlink quantity, authority, and anchor text; and review quantity, freshness, and diversity.
Other important features to draw in potential customers are the contents of the body of your landing page, where consumers spend 74% of their viewing time; a clear concise headline; and mobile accessibility.
The local landing page can be the difference between a business that’s thriving or one that’s struggling.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- Hail to the chiefs: An in-depth look at America’s presidential libraries and museums
- How to encourage a sustainable focus in college students and future professionals
- Infographic: Why the hybrid workplace is the future of work
- How to elevate board engagement
- 5 fresh ways to beat consumer decision fatigue in your social media and digital marketing
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How