Infographic: What does your car know about you?
Thursday, February 07, 2019
While autonomous cars are not yet flooding the marketplace, your car is still doing a number of things without you realizing it. In the guise of providing you with improved services like GPS and voice texting, your car is also collecting data on you that can be used by whomever car manufacturers feel should be privy to the information.
Automakers have very few specific guidelines when it comes to the data they collect on your driving habits. While much of it is ostensibly used to assess safety and driving innovation, there are parts of your driving experiences that can be used for other purposes.
The Zebra has put together an infographic that outlines a number of ways your car is collecting data and what the purposes of it might be. Logically, you can imagine that your car may track your driving habits, including a propensity to speed or any erratic behavior behind the wheel. But other data points that your car accesses may be less obvious, such as your weight, where you work, and where you like to buy your coffee.
The infographic below takes a comprehensive look into all the information your car knows about you and how you might better protect yourself from that data working against you.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 9 steps to more concise business writing
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- Defying the Porsche owner stereotype
- The blessing and burden of caregiving
- Global goods giant commits to drastically reducing plastic packaging by 2025
- Chiricahua National Monument: The land of standing rocks
- Surveys: High school graduates need more life skills, less test prep
- How to follow the footsteps of Abraham Lincoln on your travels
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How