Infographic: The history and future of the gig economy
Thursday, October 31, 2019
The gig economy sure sounds new, but it’s been around a long time. Originally coined by jazz musicians to refer to performances, gigs have taken on a whole new meaning.
As society shifts, gig workers are expected to outnumber traditional workers by the year 2021. Learn more about the history and future of gig work below.
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- How can educators promote self-direction, independence during remote learning?
- Will kids affected by the digital divide be ready for next school year?
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- As telehealth grows, returning Medicare programs to their original form may be difficult
- Report: Ranking the states ready for the future digital economy
- Finnish researchers create pendant necklace can detect abnormal heart rhythms
- Fewer beach cleanups and more awe for World Oceans Day 2020
- How the pandemic presents opportunities for association improvement
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How