Infographic: The cost of downtime
Thursday, August 08, 2019
When the system stops, so does business. So, it is in your interest to resolve any problem as quickly as possible, and more than that, to prevent downtime in the first place. This is where infrastructure monitoring comes in.
By applying server monitoring best practices, like configuring the right alerts, you can be notified before crisis hits. Downtime is caused by a variety of things: an overfull disk, faulty memory utilization, CPU failure or overload, and process crashes.
Given the host of things that can go wrong, and the high stakes if they do, it is essential to have the right server monitoring tools. Every operating system is unique, and if you have a mixed IT infrastructure, you need a server monitoring service that caters to them all. There are several ways to look after your IT infrastructure.
Agent-based server monitoring uses an application, installed on each server, to collect data. Agent-less monitoring does so without the use of agent software. Cloud server monitoring involves both manual and automated strategies.
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- Association Management
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Civil & Government
- Distribution & Warehousing
- Healthcare Administration
- Science & Technology
- Transportation Technology & Automotive
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- The stress of 911 call-takers and emergency dispatchers
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- 13 ways to screw up your RV
- Recommit to ‘health’ in healthcare
- Is a liberal arts education still worth pursuing?
- Public health cuts undermine US pandemic preparedness
- Is Google the new online travel agent alternative?
- Tech in 2020 that will change users’ behavior
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How