Infographic: Is your biggest security threat already inside your organization?
Friday, May 11, 2018
What is your organization's biggest security threat? The answer may surprise you.
While most companies imagine security threats in the form of malicious outsiders, the employees already in your organization may pose an even bigger threat. In fact, research suggests that insider threats account for anywhere from 60 to 75 percent of data breaches.
These insider threats are dangerous because they can come from almost anywhere — a jilted ex-employee bent on personal revenge, a malicious insider looking for personal gain, or even a content staff member who lacks cybersecurity training.
If your company isn’t doing everything to vet new hires and keeping your current employees updated on cybersecurity best practices, you’re putting yourself at risk. To learn more about insider threats, including with their methods and motivations, check out the infographic below.
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- 3 secrets to successful leadership
- You cannot lead until you have their trust
- London Gatwick plans expansion, 2nd runway utilization
- An ill wind blows: Hurricanes and supply chains don’t mix
- Why people are fed up with obligation vacations?
- How to make a project management tool work for your church
- Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl in Zanesville, Ohio, has the scoops
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How