Infographic: Has the gig economy jumped the shark?
Thursday, August 01, 2019
In such a strong labor market, is the gig economy past its prime? Increasingly, workers may have realized that gig jobs cannot replace traditional work.
Many workers do not earn a living wage, according to their median monthly income. And from 2014-18, pay for even the most active participants on Uber and Lyft dropped significantly.
Now, some gig-providing companies have employee turnover as high as 500% each year. With top companies in chaos and workers jumping ship, is the gig economy doomed? Learn more about the problems facing the gig economy with this infographic.
- Transportation Technology & Automotive
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- 13 ways to screw up your RV
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- Why every executive should be leveraging social media to pull in talent
- Why PIPs should be a manager’s favorite tool
- First US baby born to woman who received uterus transplant from a deceased donor
- Retiring? 5 ways to maximize your benefits
- Eating insects could help save the planet
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How