Infographic: Has the gig economy jumped the shark?
Thursday, August 01, 2019
In such a strong labor market, is the gig economy past its prime? Increasingly, workers may have realized that gig jobs cannot replace traditional work.
Many workers do not earn a living wage, according to their median monthly income. And from 2014-18, pay for even the most active participants on Uber and Lyft dropped significantly.
Now, some gig-providing companies have employee turnover as high as 500% each year. With top companies in chaos and workers jumping ship, is the gig economy doomed? Learn more about the problems facing the gig economy with this infographic.
- Transportation Technology & Automotive
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- How can educators promote self-direction, independence during remote learning?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- 13 ways to screw up your RV
- Will kids affected by the digital divide be ready for next school year?
- How 3D architectural rendering services can boost your design business
- US employers add 4.8 million jobs in June; jobless rate drops to 11.1%
- Customer communication guides small business reopenings amid COVID-19
- Study: ED clinicians hesitant to prescribe buprenorphine for treating opioid dependency
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How