IAC-MAC: Are you ready for one of the year’s biggest IDIQs?
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
The Department of Defense (DoD) will release the final RFP for the Information Analysis Center Multiple-Award Contract (IAC-MAC) on Oct. 3. This $28 billion IDIQ was one of our top 20 opportunities for FY17, but final RFP release slipped to the first quarter of FY18.
This Full and Open and Partial Small Business MAC will include three competition pools and combine work previously performed by three separate vehicles:
- The $5 billion Cyber Security Technical Area Tasks (CS TATs);
- The $3 billion Defense Systems Technical Area Tasks (DS TATs); and
- The $900 million Homeland Defense and Security Technical Area Tasks (HD TATs).
These predecessor vehicles comprised 40 contracts that generated about $1.6 billion in task order awards for 25 companies since FY14. With ceiling values met or close to being met and many task orders expiring, DoD decided to consolidate efforts and meet the Pentagon's better buying power goals with the IAC-MAC.
The new IAC-MAC will encompass basic and applied research, RDT&E services, other R&D-related analytical services, and development of doctrine, tactics or plans. DoD will leverage the IAC-MAC to meet Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) requirements — which explains the much higher ceiling.
This MAC is a must win for contractors that perform C4ISR work as it may become the vehicle of choice at the expense of Seaport-e, Alliant and IT-70. The anticipated number of awards for each competition pool will be announced with the final RFP.
- The stress of 911 call-takers and emergency dispatchers
- US vs. Europe: Comparing different approaches to renewable energy
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- Big winners in California’s new healthcare plan: Households and small businesses
- Nurses rally in DC to address staffing issues with Congress
- Modern slavery and the hidden world of human trafficking
- 9 steps to more concise business writing
- Top causes of absenteeism and how to fix them
- Stopping sexism: Equality in manufacturing
- Creative leaders: Make time for inspiration
- ‘Write’ the wrongs, if blogging isn’t working
- 10 great outdoor options for ‘winter’ Texans
- Seeing red in a special Porsche 968
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How