Hop in your RV and check out this historic solar eclipse
Monday, July 10, 2017
Solar and lunar eclipses have fascinated mankind through the centuries, and on Aug. 21,
This eclipse will occur when the moon passes in front of the sun casting a dark shadow across a 70-mile-wide path across the
RVers with an interest in viewing the eclipse and whose travels will find them anywhere near the "path of totality" would be wise to consider positioning themselves to be ready for the big event. Where better than a Passport America campground?
Here then are some of those parks along the center of the eclipse's path. Best hurry though because sites are filling fast — and you won't have another chance to view a solar eclipse until April 8, 2024.
Silver Spur RV Park,
Round Valley RV Park, Challis, ID, 208-879-2393, www.roundvalleyrv.com.
Shefield RV Park,
Twin Pines RV Park, Lander, WY, 800-986-4008, www.twinpinesrvpark.com.
Platte River Campground,
I-80 Lakeside Campground,
Eagle Canyon Hideaway, Brule, NB, 866-866-5253, www.eagle-canyon.com.
Blue RV Park,
Pine Haven Retreat,
Cottonwoods RV Park,
Meramec Valley Campground,
Southlake RV Park,
Deer Run RV Resort,
Moonshine Creek Campground, Sylva, NC, 828-586-6666, www.moonshinecreek.com.
Carolina Landing RV Resort,
Lake Aire RV Park, Hollywood/Charleston, SC, 843-571-1271, www.lakeairerv.com.
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- Pros and cons of the wadcutter bullet
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- RV modifications that every full-timer needs
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- Back to the future with Ford bioplastics
- The $1 billion plan to improve Portland’s airport
- 3 tips to picking your church communication thread
- Email is dead ... long live email
- Flying physicians to stroke patients: A new intervention standard?
- How government contractors can grow in today’s market
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How