Have an elf give you the gift of patient resources this season
Thursday, December 06, 2018
Hopefully, you didn’t have to dream of becoming a dentist for 50 years before realizing your career aspirations.
Hermey the Elf is a beloved character from the 1964 classic television special "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." He dreamed about becoming a dentist for more than 50 years! Hermey encountered some resistance, some prejudices, some doubts and challenges along the way.
But the important thing is, Hermey did step into his calling eventually, shedding any preconceived notions about what a North Pole native elf should do professionally.
Hermey the Elf and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer are featured on a holiday card available for download at MouthHealthy.org, the ADA’s consumer website.
Hermey the Elf, who was named a Dental Do Gooder by the American Dental Association in 2014, is back for another round this holiday season to make improving oral health more merry and bright.
Hermey will be featured in patient resources, including coloring pages and brushing charts. Downloads are available at MouthHealthy.org.
"The holidays are a special time of year for all of our members and children out there who, like Hermey, are dreaming of becoming dentists one day," said Dr. Jeffrey M. Cole, ADA president. "The ADA is delighted to include Hermey the Elf in fun resources for our members who work tirelessly to improve the health of the public."
The ADA features Hermey the Elf in holiday-themed resources each year, and ADA member dentists are encouraged to share these resources with their patients. Please note that members are not authorized to create any additional resources featuring Hermey the Elf beyond those provided by the ADA.
- Impressive new smartphone apps in health and medicine
- Experiment reveals the ugly side of open-source journal industry
- The impact of marijuana use on oral health
- 5 must-track metrics for practice profitability
- 3-D printing and its impact on the medical implant industry
- Supreme Court to decide future of teeth whitening industry
- Technology and medicine: Applying Google Glass in the medical field
- Valentine’s Day woes? There’s an ICD-10 code for that
- 4 inexpensive ways to motivate your team through a long project
- Trauma training is imperative for K-12 students, employees
- Healthcare groups: Payers are lagging with prior authorization reform
- How cutting-edge robotics bring manufacturing into a new age
- America may need to rethink how it handles recycling
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How