Don’t waste your time choosing the wrong topics for marketing your PT clinic
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Want to create content that actually drives patients to your clinic? Then you need to create content that your target audience will actually enjoy and find interesting.
To get people clicking on what you post, you need to write articles or create videos about the things your target audience loves… and guess what, those things aren't physical therapy or healthcare.
What you need to know
Content marketing has been making a huge buzz for over a decade now for a simple reason: it works. However, many business owners are unsure of what kind of content they should be producing and where to post it.
The first thing to consider when getting into content marketing is that your marketing will need to be multiplatform. Not everyone is on Facebook, not everyone is on YouTube, and not everyone will read a blog.
You need to engage on a number of platforms so it is to your advantage if your content can be shared across them.
Another thing to consider is that search engines' results can be unpredictable for the average business owner. Google owns YouTube, so a search might place your YouTube video much higher than your blog on the same topic.
At one point in time, my clinic’s Facebook page was showing up before my clinic’s actual website! By posting to multiple platforms, you cover your bases on search engines.
But how do you keep your content engaging? I use a combination of physical therapy knowledge, like what causes a specific injury or exercises to prevent running injuries, and niche-specific interest pieces.
These niche-specific posts are awesome because they attract your target audience regardless of whether they are well or injured — runners want to click on things about running!
I’ve made a couple of running in Austin example headlines to use as inspiration.
- The Top 5 Trail Runs in Austin
- Review: A PT’s Look at the Asics Dynaflyte 2
- 3 Unique 5Ks to Run in Austin
I hope that gives you a good idea of what blog posts or videos you might create if you want to give a boost to your PT practice’s content marketing.
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- BSN or ADN? Nursing at a crossroads
- Tight calf muscles: The Achilles’ heel of new runners
- Research finds e-cigarette flavorings are harmful to vascular system
- Negotiating commercial leases: Buying a business?
- How leaders can find a ‘work spouse’
- Negative pressure wound therapy for lower leg fractures might be ineffective
- New ways to become a more inspirational leader
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How