Coffee vs. green tea: Which is better for you?
Thursday, March 03, 2016
Next to water, tea is the most popular drink in the world, but in some countries coffee is just as popular (or even more so). There are instances where a person will drink both, but most will prefer one over the other.
Is green tea "better" than coffee, or is coffee the king? Let's compare the two.
Aside from the taste preferences, many of the reasons people have for drinking coffee or green tea are the same:
- They are enjoyed after a meal
- They are enjoyed socially with friends
- They can be calming or soothing
- They have great health benefits
Both coffee and green tea have many health benefits. Research is still ongoing for each beverage, but studies indicate drinking either coffee or green tea could yield these impressive results:
It is interesting to note that both drinks have a few of the same health benefits.
While there are many wonderful benefits of both coffee and green tea, each has its own set of dangers if consumed in excess:
Moderation is key with both coffee and green tea. While both have great health benefits, too much of either can be harmful to your health, as described above. Not everyone will experience these symptoms, of course, but it's important to know what the possible causes are in case you do.
If you have any of these health issues listed above, it is advised that you talk to a physician and inform your doctor if you have been drinking coffee or green tea and how much. That may be the culprit.
Which is better?
While both coffee and green tea have amazing health benefits, it all comes down to your individual preferences and tastes. Other factors include how your body responds to either drink and if you feel any negative side effects.
Whichever drink you decide is a great choice, but remember: Moderation is key!
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- EPEE: Cooling has an essential role to play
- Is overprescribing really to blame for antibiotic resistance?
- How local, urban farming could help alleviate international food supply chain issues
- How blockchain works in the food industry
- The amazing health benefits of chocolate
- Fast food is witnessing a fast decline in US sales
- The future of grocery marketing lies in big data
- Avoid unnecessary layers of governance
- A complete list of 22 cybersecurity tips every user must follow: How many boxes can you check?
- 4 COVID-19-related changes that could outlast the pandemic
- How hard do you make your customers work to buy something from you?
- Why phased-in marketing is the right way to resume a top-selling product message
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How