ADA annual meeting to be held in San Francisco in conjunction with FDI World Dental Federation
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
If you left your heart in San Francisco, no worries. You can get it back this September when you attend the American Dental Association’s annual meeting. For the first time since 1996, the ADA annual meeting will be held in conjunction with the annual congress of the FDI World Dental Federation.
The ADA FDI World Dental Congress will take place Sept. 4-8 at the newly renovated and expanded Moscone Center in San Francisco. The joint meeting of the ADA and FDI World Dental Federation with support from the California Dental Association and the San Francisco Dental Society.
The meeting, which is typically held in October, is about six weeks earlier than typical ADA annual meeting dates, so registration will begin earlier as well: Feb. 13.
As an incentive to register for the ADA FDI World Dental Congress, this year registration is free* to all attendees from North America, as well as to ADA international members.
Education and Networking Opportunities Abound
"This is a great opportunity to get high-quality, low-cost education and engage with dentists from all over the world," said Dr. C. Roger Macias, Jr., chair of the ADA Advisory Committee on Annual Meetings. "It will be global education at your fingertips."
Some important details to know about:
- A new VIP upgrade option is being offered for the first time this year. This package gets attendees access to sold-out hotels, a ticket to A Taste of San Francisco (a large party scheduled for the Friday of the meeting), a private concierge phone line, registration packet delivery to the attendee’s hotel and a free one-year ADA CE Online individual subscription.
- To simplify planning, the ADA has standardized CE lecture pricing into three brackets — $25, $50 and $75 — for ADA members and dental teams.
Dr. Kathryn Kell, a former ADA trustee, will conclude her two-year term as FDI president in San Francisco. Registration information and congress details will be available at ADA.org/meeting.
*Free registration includes access to the Exhibit Hall, free continuing education offered on the exhibit floor, and for ADA members, the Opening Ceremony and General Session. Dentists who are not members of the ADA are welcome to attend the Opening Ceremony and General Session subject to a fee.
- Impressive new smartphone apps in health and medicine
- Experiment reveals the ugly side of open-source journal industry
- The impact of marijuana use on oral health
- 5 must-track metrics for practice profitability
- 3-D printing and its impact on the medical implant industry
- Supreme Court to decide future of teeth whitening industry
- Technology and medicine: Applying Google Glass in the medical field
- Valentine’s Day woes? There’s an ICD-10 code for that
- NFC applications for wine and spirits brands
- Study: How to drive more sales on Instagram
- Top 10 US whale watching sites
- How women have been making headlines in the military recently
- Priming the pump: Introductory and preview strategies for English learners
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How