8 great ways wine may make you healthier
Wednesday, June 05, 2019
You probably didn’t need any more reasons to have a glass of wine after work. However, your favorite beverage can help make you healthier than ever! Did you know that wine…
Can lower your risk of esophageal cancer?
One glass a day can lower your risk of Barrett's esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition, by 56%, according to data from Kaiser Permanente and the National Institutes of Health.
May lower your cholesterol?
The European Society of Cardiology reports that indulging in wine five times a week has a powerfully positive effect on HDL levels, protecting you against cardiovascular disease, if you exercise at least twice a week as well.
May make you skinny?
A study from Oregon State University found that red wine contains ellagic acid, which slows the growth of fat cells in your body and helps you burn calories. Enjoy a glass with dinner — and you can splurge once in a while on dessert!
May protect you from Alzheimer's?
Researchers at the University of Rochester Medical Center report that a daily glass of wine can stop inflammation in the brain and clear it from the toxins that can contribute to the development of the disease.
May prevent cavities and gum disease?
The American Chemical Society found that this is because wine contains polyphenols, which fight off bad bacteria in your mouth, as well as throughout the rest of your body.
May help boost your lung health?
Research from the University of Buffalo found that the antioxidants in white wine could help protect you from lung disease.
May protect you from head and neck cancer?
A study by the University of Colorado Denverfound that the chemical resveratrol, which is found in grape skin and red wine, can stop cancer-related DNA damage by killing the cells that cause these types of disease.
May protect your liver?
Researchers at UC San Diego reported that one glass of wine per day may decrease your chances of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Talk to your doctor about whether wine consumption is right for you — if so, drink responsibly.
- Recreation & Leisure
- Food & Beverage
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Mental Healthcare
- Oral & Dental Healthcare
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 7 trigger control errors and how to fix them
- Proposed California plastics law could be a game-changer for fighting pollution
- The one thing you can do today to bring in talent
- 5 easy ways to repair a relationship with a patient
- Taking a vacation when you don’t have enough vacation time
- Unique patient identifier ban lifted in House vote, still faces Senate
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How