5 reasons your business should have a blog
Friday, January 31, 2014
Maybe you have thought about a blog for your business. Maybe you have started and stalled out, but it is time to really consider the benefits.
A blog is a type of website or an extension of your website where you can write about just about anything. There are fashion blogs, gossip blogs, science blogs and blogs in every industry. Blogging platforms are easy to use, and your customers and search engines love blogs for their articles and information.
Here are five reasons why your business should think about setting up a blog or a blogging schedule:
- Establish yourself as a resource — People turn to the Internet for answers to everything, so why not let them find you? You have more to offer to the world than the products or services you sell, a blog is a great place to share your knowledge and experience. Answer questions you get all the time in business, share news from your industry, tell a story that your customers may not have heard, share the day-to-day details of what makes your business tick.
- Boost website traffic and search rankings — With more content on your site and people looking to you as a resource, your site will get more attention and visitors, and you will rank better in search results. Search engines rank quality content that answers people's questions. A blog is a great outlet to answer those questions.
- Something to talk about — Businesses of all shapes and sizes are looking to stand out, and they have new tools to do it. Give your business an edge with something new to say by sharing your blog. Share your blog on your social media sites or with your local media.
- Stand out from the crowd — There are lots of businesses out there, but none of them is exactly like yours. A blog is a great place to highlight what makes you different. Focus on your company's values and uniqueness, and show everyone why they should do business with you.
- Get more customers — By establishing your business as a resource, getting more people to your website, ranking better in search engines and highlighting the uniqueness of your business — you will be primed to reconnect with your past customers and find new ones.
Taking on business blogging, can be hard work. To keep your blog manageable, set a schedule. You may have a burst of ideas to write about, but spread them out over a few weeks. You don't need to write a blog every day, shoot for once a week or once every two weeks. Once you get into a rhythm, you can try adding more writing to your schedule.
Good luck and happy blogging.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- 9 steps to more concise business writing
- Follow industry trends: Grow the most successful pet business
- 7 critical trade show mistakes you’re making and don’t know it
- The 16 best lines in marketing
- Traditional media vs. social media: Making the right choices
- Visual perception delay and its effect on shooting
- How can pharmacists help combat high drug prices?
- Anti-rejection drug helps transplant recipients avoid weight gain
- 4 tips to avoiding the summer volunteer slump
- How to take a vacation successfully
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How