5 quick digital marketing tips to end 2019 strong
Thursday, September 12, 2019
As we officially close the book on summer, let’s plan to finish the rest of the year with gusto! Social media and digital marketing can have a bit of a lull in the summer months while everyone is out vacationing.
That’s why now is the perfect time to revamp your digital marketing strategy. From Instagram influencers to maximizing Facebook ad campaigns, read on to learn five digital marketing tricks that can impact your plan for the rest of the year.
1. Should you place Instagram hashtags in the caption or the comments?
After analyzing 650,000 brand posts on Instagram, SocialInsider found the majority of brands (87%) currently add hashtags in their photo captions. However, that’s not the best tactic for every business.
As is the case with most social media marketing, the more specific you are, the better your results will be. The best place to post your hashtags depends on how many followers you have.
Best place to add hashtags on Instagram (by follower count) to maximize engagement, reach and impressions:
- Profiles with under 5,000 followers: Hide six hashtags in the caption.
- Profiles with 5-10,000 followers: Place five hashtags in the first comment to maximize engagement. Though, this won’t yield the best reach or impression.
- Profiles with 10-50,000 followers: Hide two hashtags in the caption.
- Profiles with 50-100,000 followers: Hide eight hashtags in the caption
- Profiles with more than 100,000 followers: Add six hashtags in the first comment.
How to hide your hashtags on Instagram: Add a few line breaks before entering your hashtags so that users have to tap “more” to see them.
2. You’re probably targeting the wrong brand influencers on Instagram.
While many brands want to target Instagram influencers with the largest reach, individuals with more than 10,000 followers actually have the lowest engagement rate. Surprisingly, influencers who have between 1,000 and 5,000 followers have the best engagement rates, found InfluencerDB data.
3. Know which audience your digital ads will resonate with most.
Millennials are the generation most likely to purchase after seeing an advertisement on social media, followed by Generation X. Baby boomers were the least likely to buy, according to new data from The Manifest.
Additionally, people were more likely to buy from a brand they followed on Facebook than the top seven other popular social platforms combined.
4. Maximize ad campaigns by utilizing traditional and digital channels.
A new Facebook case study found that combining Facebook and out-of-home advertising (OOH) produced the best impact. When both channels were used, the impact was 13% more efficient than expected.
Also, Facebook was best at reaching more new buyers while OOH ads were better at reaching existing buyers.
5. Is your brand using the most popular form of digital interaction?
In emerging markets, the latest Pew Research found that text messaging is far more common than social media. Across various countries, a median of 82% of mobile phone users sent text messages, while only 38% shared their thoughts on social media.
That trend appears to be true in Western marketers as well. Since 2016, there are more users on the four largest messaging apps than the number of users on the big four social networks, according to Business Insider research.
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Writing the letter that gets you more referrals
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 9 steps to more concise business writing
- 3 secrets to successful leadership
- US payrolls add 266,000 jobs; unemployment rate falls to 3.5%
- Tips for surviving your deposition in employment-related litigation
- 5 ways to sustain association membership
- Infographic: Is the future of security biometric?
- How to improve your oncology patients’ treatment plans
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How