10 ways to make sure your STARS don’t quit
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Of all the people on your payroll or staff, how many are truly STARS?
Your STARS are all the employees you value most highly because they are Self-motivated, Talented, Accountable, Responsible and Stable. If they should leave you, for whatever reason, it would be a real blow to your organization.
You can prevent that nightmare from becoming a reality if you will work to ensure:
1. Management keeps all of its promises and commitments. Performance reviews and raises happen right on time. The needed resources and equipment are always provided.
2. Management delivers positive recognition, praise and rewards to reinforce positive and extraordinary results.
3. Management keeps a keen eye on who is doing what so the STARS are not stuck with all the dirty work just because they are the ones who will get it done on time and under budget without complaint.
4. Management conducts stay interviews with STARS at least every six months to prevent the need for exit interviews.
5. Management clearly maps out the requirements and expectations STARS need to meet in order to be given new opportunities, promotions and raises.
6. Continuing education and training programs are always available for STARS.
7. Great managers and great co-workers encourage and support STARS.
8. Management keeps STARS engaged through cross-training, additional responsibilities and new opportunities.
9. Management respects and supports employees' needs for work/life balance.
10. Management clearly communicates all goals and objectives, not just the how, what, where and when, but all the whys as well.
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Are independent pharmacies really that profitable?
- Selling your business? What tenants need to know about their lease
- Avoiding security deposit pitfalls when renewing your lease
- 101 bad business buzzwords — and why you should avoid them
- 7 key elements of an effective new employee orientation program
- 3 secrets to successful leadership
- You cannot lead until you have their trust
- Infographic: Could universal basic income work?
- The 6-month association checkup
- The economic impact of our aging population
- Creating a sustainable organization through facilities management
- Employers are using severance packages to protect their brands
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How