Volunteer dentists needed for aid in Puerto Rico
Friday, January 24, 2020
A nonprofit medical organization called International Medical Relief is sponsoring outreach trips to Puerto Rico in response to the recent earthquakes that have devastated the region. The U.S.-based nonprofit provides mobile medical clinics and sustainable health education to underserved communities in 70 countries around the world.
Puerto Rico and other islands sprinkled throughout the Caribbean were struck by a magnitude 6.4 earthquake and several aftershocks early in the morning on Jan. 7, 2020.
Shocking the southern region of Puerto Rico, the earthquake knocked out power in more than two-thirds of the sleeping island. In the aftermath of the earthquake, local families are surviving in the midst of massive setbacks that have stricken the health care structure of the communities, according to International Medical Relief.
Puerto Rico’s GoGo Pediatric Institute invited International Medical Relief to bring teams to the region to set up clinics where education and health promotion will be critical components for long-term sustainability for the communities where the earthquakes have done the most significant damage.
International Medical Relief is looking for dentists to volunteer their time for this effort. Dates and links for more information about the clinic are:
International Medical Relief (IMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) medical organization with NGO status based in the United States. They provide mobile medical clinics and sustainable health education to underserved communities in 70 countries around the world.
IMR offers short-term assignments for volunteer medical professionals and dental professionals, students, and non-medical volunteers to conduct medical and dental clinics that provide free, expert care and health education in areas where it is limited or difficult to obtain.
- The environmental benefits of LED lighting
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- Rare-earth elements spark resource war
- Window film improves building system performance
- US vs. Europe: Comparing different approaches to renewable energy
- Impressive new smartphone apps in health and medicine
- Preventing a BLEVE: 5 beliefs that are commonly misunderstood
- How local, urban farming could help alleviate international food supply chain issues
- How bollards increase security at commercial and outdoor spaces
- Financial choices that will benefit your business
- Cezanne HR reveals how employees’ attitudes to workplace benefits have changed since COVID-19
- Successfully encouraging productivity for remote and in-office employees
- Celebrating volunteers
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How