What’s the BIG Idea? Episode 2: Steve Jurash on leading through crisis
Thursday, April 15, 2021
In this episode of What’s the BIG Idea? Hank Boyer visits with Steve Jurash, president of the 5,000-plus member Manufacturing Alliance of Philadelphia (MAP), one of the largest regional trade associations in the eastern United States. MAP represents several hundred thousand manufacturing employees.
In March 2020, Jurash led MAP through an incredibly challenging period, dealing with the COVID-19 crisis, an event that brought manufacturing everywhere to a sudden halt. With several hundred thousand employees' lives affected by his decision-making, Jurash faced one of his most challenging periods of leadership. He shares more than 20 best practices effective leaders use to navigate during periods of crisis.
About What’s the BIG Idea?
What’s the BIG Idea? was born during the global pandemic of 2020. I spoke with a number of business leaders about how the pandemic was changing the ways they ran their organizations. I heard some amazing accounts of how the crisis brought out innovative and creative approaches to address the challenges these leaders were suddenly facing. I wanted to find a way to capture their authentic stories and energy and share it with others who might be similarly inspired to overcome their own set of challenges.
Each edition of What’s the BIG Idea? is a six to eight-minute conversational interview with a high achiever who is making a difference in his or her organization, field, or industry. What’s the BIG Idea’s host is Hank Boyer CEO and founder of the international management consulting firm, Boyer Management Group, and host of the No. 1 national syndicated business radio show, Executive Leader’s Radio. What’s the BIG Idea? is provided to viewers in partnership with the self-improvement team at Achiever’s Circle.
For more information about What’s the BIG Idea? or to inquire about being a guest, contact email@example.com.
- Law Enforcement, Defense & Security
- Association Management
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Civil & Government
- Construction & Building Materials
- Distribution & Warehousing
- Facilities & Grounds
- Food & Beverage
- Healthcare Administration
- Science & Technology
- Transportation Technology & Automotive
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Language register: What is it and why does it matter in education?
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- If hybrid work is here to stay, how can you get the most from it?
- Combatting bullying: It’s time to fight back
- 7 communication skills to build as a woman in leadership
- Customer experience and employee engagement: An interconnected working relationship
- Recessions and small business: How to survive and even flourish
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How