Product configurator: The key to e-commerce personalization
Monday, April 05, 2021
Personalization has been a potential promise of the internet and e-commerce since the early days of the internet. Since the dawn of the modern internet, the belief is that getting a product down to a specific user’s need is beneficial, as it leads to greater loyalty and exceptional customer experience.
There are four main approaches of how to handle customization:
- Adaptive customization: Using a standardized product designed to accommodate many uses. One such example is Phillips light bulbs, where a customer can adjust color, brightness, change how lights are controlled, and program schedules.
- Transparent customization: Where a manufacturer adjusts based on customer data, such as function of beauty hair and skin products. They are formulated for each customer, but with the same packaging.
- Cosmetic customization: Think of Nike, where you as a customer can select a standard style and size of shoe, but can customize colors and finishes.
- Collaborative customization: The most advanced — the example of Sheffer Cylinder Configurator, where the customer can work directly with an engineer or design on their own.
Product configurator is the technology used behind the scenes to enable proper product customization at scale.
Learn more about how the product configurator achieves a superior level of collaborative, high customization with the visual deep dive below:
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- Podcast: How to sell packages in a cash-based practice
- How to automate SEO tasks for maximum efficiency
- B2B tactic boosts high-value service lines
- Bridging the gap: How to reach herd immunity with vaccine confidence
- What’s the difference between 2D drawing, 3D modeling and BIM?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How