Podcast: Without this, you’re shooting your marketing arrows in the dark
Thursday, April 22, 2021
In order to be able to attract your ideal customer, you need to define exactly who that is. This may sound self-evident, but so few businesses actually do it; it’s something I have to repeat quite often. Creating an ideal patient “avatar” should be one of the foundations of an effective marketing plan for any practice.
Further, in business, you’ll constantly need to make decisions that can have huge long-term impacts and are often not easy to make. One of the easiest ways to take the guesswork out of decisions is to be able to ask, “will this help me to better attract and better serve my ideal patient?”
In this podcast, I explain what a well-defined patient avatar should look like — using examples from my own cash-based physical therapy practice in Austin. You’ll hear about why an avatar might evolve or even multiply as your practice grows over time and how you can use the specific traits you identify for your ideal patient to know where to connect with them and how to appeal to them.
More specifically, I discuss these topics related to creating your ideal patient avatar:
- Why you should get really specific about who your ideal patient will be if you want your work to be rewarding.
- The reason it’s easier to find new business by focusing on a smaller niche — even though that means you’ll be appealing to fewer people overall.
- How to use an ideal patient avatar to hone your marketing messages so they precisely attract the kinds of customers you’ll love to work with.
- The critical questions you’ll need to answer in order to construct a really useful avatar.
- How you can use your patient avatar to communicate with existing patients to help keep them fully invested in treatment until they reach their goals.
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- How to build a board development committee
- How to measure employee productivity fairly and consistently
- 4 steps to empower yourself to accomplish your goals
- How to approach first-time in-person learning for early education students
- 7 ways to create quality culture in your organization
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How