Podcast: Tips for hiring contractors on Upwork and Fiverr
Friday, April 09, 2021
Need help creating a compelling landing page or blog post? Maybe you’d like ongoing help from a virtual assistant, graphic designer, or website expert — but don’t know where to look. If the hassles of finding competent contracting help have led you to put off the search, it might be time for you to give Upwork and Fiverr a look.
In this episode, I explain my favorite strategies for hiring contractors using Upwork and Fiverr. I share my top tips for saving time and money as well as best practices for using these sites to outsource graphics, writing, programming, or other projects in your practice.
This “highlight” is taken from Q&A calls with my Mastermind Gold group — a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, I discuss these topics related to hiring on Upwork and Fiverr:
- How you can make sure the most-desirable candidates actually see your job posting on Upwork so they can apply for the job.
- The key requirement you’ll want to set up for an hourly project so you can avoid paying a whole lot for very little.
- Which types of projects are well-suited to the contractors you’ll find on Fiverr.
- How to test a contractor for a long-term assignment to be sure they’ll be a good fit for your needs — before you invest a lot of time or money.
- The tool that allows you to keep your passwords secure while still allowing contractors access to the accounts they need in order to work for you.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sports & Fitness
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Science & Technology
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- 4 beneficial career moves to make while in college
- Simple ideas to strengthen struggling readers’ achievements
- 5 surprising ways consumers really think
- Hotel industry trying to capitalize on vaccinated tourists, but continues to face obstacles
- What the growing environmental job market means for economic recovery
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How