Podcast: How to sell packages in a cash-based practice
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Offering discounted multi-treatment packages can be a great way to help fill your clinic’s schedule and minimize drop-offs to maximize the raving fans you create for your practice. However, the higher price tag can scare off those who aren’t totally sold on the value of your services if you don’t frame the “ask” in a way that builds trust, addresses objections, and is timed perfectly.
In this episode, I walk you through how to effectively sell packages to your patients, including the simple analysis that will enable you to predict if offering discounted plans is likely to leave you with regrets down the road. You’ll hear how to position a package in a way that emphasizes the high value, and how packages should be billed if a patient needs documentation to submit for self-claims.
This “highlight” is taken from Q&A calls with my Mastermind Gold group — a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, I discuss these topics related to selling packages in your cash-based practice:
- How your plans for future growth should affect your package offerings if you don’t want to leave money on the table with every package sold.
- Why understanding the critical role of the patient lifecycle will help you sell more easily and avoid cancelations due to buyers’ remorse.
- Positioning a package in a way that helps them truly appreciate how it will help them reach their goals as well as saving money.
- How you can frame patient expectations so they’ll understand why you’re recommending a certain number of visits and what will happen when they reach the end of the plan of care.
- How to document packaged services on receipts for patients who need to submit self-claims to their insurance for reimbursement.
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- The Social Security shell game
- 6 of America’s funkiest art towns
- 8 tips to expertly communicate with difficult clients
- How to align your content with search intent
- Infographic: How to protect your intellectual property
- Report: A majority of sales reps lost a sale because they couldn’t meet buyers in person
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How