Podcast: How to cultivate physician referrals for your cash-based practice
Friday, October 16, 2020
In this episode, I share some strategies for cultivating your network of referring physicians. I explain how to navigate the initial conversation, including discussing your billing arrangements, how to establish rapport, and things you can do to increase the chances that any referrals you receive will convert. You’ll also hear some clever follow-up techniques that create ongoing touchpoints that will help establish you as a valued resource to your referral sources.
This “highlight” is taken from Q&A calls with my Mastermind Gold group — a highly interactive, supportive group where people who have tons of questions and concerns about how to start, grow, or transition to a cash-based private practice get the answers, resources, and confidence they need to build the practice of their dreams. We have a group coaching call every week, and we occasionally use excerpts of those calls for this podcast.
More specifically, I discuss these topics related to referral sources:
- How to know when it makes sense to talk to insurance-based practices about a referral relationship — so you don’t waste time where there’s no likely return on investment.
- Why it’s important to make sure all your referral sources understand that your practice is out of network.
- How to explain your practice in a way that frames the value you provide in the best light.
- How to provide value and build rapport before diving into the “ask.”
- Tips for the kinds of offers that can give you opportunities to directly connect with the other physician’s patients.
- Follow-up ideas for actively nurturing relationships after the initial conversation.
- The type of practice that is a natural fit for referring to a cash-based clinic.
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- The top 5 exercises you should be doing
- 17 of the most specific, bizarre ICD-10 codes
- The addictive eye drops that kill
- Trails for two-wheelers: A look at the United States Bicycle Route System
- 10 fun turkey facts for Thanksgiving table (or Zoom) talk
- Designing for celebrities: How career and technical education teachers motivate students
- Skilled trades report highlights significant job opportunities
- Tips for promoting a more civil workplace
- The right questions to ask at board meetings
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How