Passwordless security: Why cybersecurity just got a lot better
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Since the beginning of coronavirus lockdowns in 2020, 62% of Americans have begun working from home. This has been a positive change in many ways, with the majority of employees preferring remote work and the majority of employers saying they plan to continue remote work indefinitely.
However, 49% of workers went remote for the first time and only 20% received any tips on cybersecurity from their employers. Pair that with the security risks already inherent with remote work and remote access, and we get cybercrime jumping by 300% just in early 2020. Not only that, but attacks targeting remote workers were up fivefold within the first 6 weeks of lockdown.
Cybersecurity is a critical issue that needs a fast resolution to keep businesses from losing data and money, among other things.
For a step better than even multi-factor authentication, passwordless security replaces passwords completely with cryptography and biometrics. Along with risk-based authentication and frictionless login with zero out-of-band messages, passwordless security is the safest solution for the remote access business world.
- Law Enforcement, Defense & Security
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Returning to in-person governance
- The new normal in travel: What will luxury look like?
- Is woodworking becoming more accessible for women?
- 8 questions every aspiring business owner must ask
- Is your local landing page helping or hurting your business?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How