Infographic: The rise of the ready-to-drink cocktail market
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Whether we’re suffering through a pandemic, celebrating the best moments of our lives, or simply sharing some serious couch time with a glass of pinot and our favorite book, alcoholic beverages are here to walk through all of life's moments with us, and 2020 was certainly no exception.
2020 was the year of misery, isolation, and unforeseen circumstances. It was the year that brought us the dreaded “new normal,” but also (and not surprisingly) the year that increased our thirst for our favorite adult beverages, and even expanded our horizons to create and embrace newer cocktails, such as the “Quarantini” and the ready-to-drink cocktail.
As we all were forced to become our own bartenders last year, 44% of Americans began purchasing alcohol online, and purchases of ready-to-drink cocktails grew by 43% worldwide. It’s awesome that COVID at least gave us some tasty new drinks, such as the “Charmin Quarantini,” but sometimes it’s even better to be able to just grab the drink and relax, without all the prep, mixing, and cleanup. Ready-to-drink gives us the perks of a “bartender” doing all the work from the comfort of our own homes.
These drinks may have risen in popularity due to our collision with calamity, but unlike quarantine mandates, ready-to-drink cocktails are here to stay.
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- Combatting bullying: It’s time to fight back
- 7 communication skills to build as a woman in leadership
- Customer experience and employee engagement: An interconnected working relationship
- Recessions and small business: How to survive and even flourish
- Top 2023 travel trends driving today’s tourism
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How