Infographic: The rise of Bitcoin
Thursday, March 18, 2021
Ah, Bitcoin. Whether you are a believer or not, there is no doubt that it has been on the rise lately. The question to many is — why?
Bitcoin first came on the scene in 2009 — right at the fall of the housing market crisis. It stayed relatively quiet for some time until there was a specific transaction that put it on the scene — Pizza Day in 2010 where someone paid 10,000 BTC for two pizzas (that would be over $557 million at the writing of this article). While there were then some ups and downs, Bitcoin didn’t hit the stratosphere until 2017, when it jumped from $1,000 to over $19,000. The year 2018 brought on a big crash, especially with a number of fraudulent ICOs (initial coin offerings).
All that said, Bitcoin is back. Every day it seems it’s hitting new records — even briefly crossing the $60,000 line. Much of this has been attributed to large investors such as Elon Musk and Tesla and Apple Pay starting to accept Bitcoin.
Take a look at the visual rise to fortune and fame of Bitcoin through the following visual deep dive below:
- Recreation & Leisure
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Science & Technology
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- Supply chain disruptions are causing havoc in the auto industry
- Bridging the gap between school safety and emotional wellness during a pandemic: Part 2
- Infographic: Fixing the world of disconnected payments in healthcare
- On the roads again: Transit after COVID-19
- Will the lodging industry’s supply growth outpace demand?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How