Infographic: The psychology behind naming your business
Tuesday, December 01, 2020
A business isn't complete without a fitting name. Luckily, achieving a strong business name is only a few steps away.
First, take the opportunity to mention any keywords and phrases in your brand's name. If you need help with this, think about how you do business, and who you do business for.
Furthermore, create a long list of name ideas. In other words, don't commit to a particular word or phrase immediately. In contrast, ask friends and family for suggestions and feedback. You'll also want to stick to words that make sense rather than verbiage that provokes laughter.
Moving along, avoid names and trademarks that are already in use by another brand. To find if your brand name is available, search the Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) and databases in your state.
Continuing on, consider how you will brand your business name, and check whether or not it's available on social media platforms. Ask yourself: how does the business name fit within your overall brand? Also, do a simple internet search to check for domain availability.
For a new business, a name is everything. Are you happy with the name of your business?
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- A strategic quotient for the board
- CES 2021: The year of staying home with gadgets
- The top 10 biggest data breaches of 2020
- Types of disability insurance businesses need to know about
- Seattle, Salt Lake City, Boston top list of best cities for construction
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How