Infographic: The business of women’s sports and how it’s growing
Monday, June 07, 2021
The world of women’s sports has been gaining attention for the past few years, and today it’s trending more than ever. Viewership for women’s sports has increased significantly just in the past year. For example, viewership for the National Women’s Soccer League grew by 300% in 2020.
It’s a common misconception that men are much more drawn to sports than women, but the truth is that the difference in interest between genders is small. Eighty-four percent of sports fans are interested in women’s sports.
Clearly, fans want to see and engage with women’s sports, but a huge part of what makes this more difficult than men’s sports is the lack of media coverage. In 2020, women make up 40% of sportspeople but received a dismal 4% of media coverage.
Between lack of coverage and the pay gap between the genders, women's sports have been at a disadvantage for far too long. It’s time for the world of sports to embrace gender equality.
Infographic courtesy Lines.com
- The dangers of mixing up 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington rounds
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- How to properly sight in a rifle with a scope
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- The advantages of using a .45-70 cartridge
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- 5 surprising ways consumers really think
- Hotel industry trying to capitalize on vaccinated tourists, but continues to face obstacles
- What the growing environmental job market means for economic recovery
- Infographic: Could STIR/SHAKEN regulations help make spam calls the exception?
- America’s favorite lakes for family fun
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How