Infographic: Pandemic digital health trends you should know
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic brought a rapid acceleration in digital health services and telemedicine. Much of the digital transformation in healthcare has been driven by patient expectations and has little to do with doctors’ age or level of experience.
Today, physicians are more likely to recommend health-related smartphone apps, fitness wearables and other technology to their patients. Many use social media to engage with and educate patients. In fact, 87% of doctors who are high digital adopters share educational videos with patients regularly.
One of the true driving forces behind digital healthcare is patients. Many patients who embrace digital tools feel empowered to take control of their own healthcare. Those with rare, chronic conditions are more likely to embrace telemedicine, conduct their own health research online, and interact directly with pharmaceutical companies.
The digital transformation in healthcare is just beginning. Patients and doctors alike expect use of digital tools to continue to grow.
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Mental Healthcare
- Oral & Dental Healthcare
- Science & Technology
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- For the new school year, relationships first, academic content later
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- 4 beneficial career moves to make while in college
- Simple ideas to strengthen struggling readers’ achievements
- 5 surprising ways consumers really think
- Hotel industry trying to capitalize on vaccinated tourists, but continues to face obstacles
- What the growing environmental job market means for economic recovery
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How