Infographic: Is your biggest security threat already inside your organization?
Friday, May 11, 2018
What is your organization's biggest security threat? The answer may surprise you.
While most companies imagine security threats in the form of malicious outsiders, the employees already in your organization may pose an even bigger threat. In fact, research suggests that insider threats account for anywhere from 60 to 75 percent of data breaches.
These insider threats are dangerous because they can come from almost anywhere — a jilted ex-employee bent on personal revenge, a malicious insider looking for personal gain, or even a content staff member who lacks cybersecurity training.
If your company isn’t doing everything to vet new hires and keeping your current employees updated on cybersecurity best practices, you’re putting yourself at risk. To learn more about insider threats, including with their methods and motivations, check out the infographic below.
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Is your local landing page helping or hurting your business?
- 5 ways you can drive more traffic to your business’ website
- How to build a board development committee
- How to measure employee productivity fairly and consistently
- 4 steps to empower yourself to accomplish your goals
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How