Infographic: How to set work boundaries to avoid burnout
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
With remote work being the new professional normal, it can be especially challenging to stay productive and separate job stress from our personal lives. When stress is high and maintained over a period of time, it can lead to burnout or a type of work-related stress that can have a myriad of negative effects on your health and productivity.
Those experiencing burnout can suffer from fatigue and mental exhaustion, and it can also lower work performance and cause job dissatisfaction. Over time, burnout can increase your vulnerability to disease and even potentially cost you lost income because of unpaid sick leave or a missed promotion.
As May is Mental Health Awareness Month, it’s important to create healthy work boundaries whether you work remotely or in-office to help prevent the negative effects of burnout. Setting boundaries can be as simple as having a strict time to end work every day and silencing notifications or planning out your vacation days so that you make sure that you have time to recover from stress.
Check out this infographic from Mint to learn more ways to build healthy boundaries between your professional and personal life.
- Healthcare Administration
- Association Management
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Construction & Building Materials
- Distribution & Warehousing
- Facilities & Grounds
- Food & Beverage
- Mental Healthcare
- Transportation Technology & Automotive
- Travel, Hospitality & Event Management
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Battery issues: Understanding your RV’s electrical systems
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Language register: What is it and why does it matter in education?
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- If hybrid work is here to stay, how can you get the most from it?
- Combatting bullying: It’s time to fight back
- 7 communication skills to build as a woman in leadership
- Customer experience and employee engagement: An interconnected working relationship
- Recessions and small business: How to survive and even flourish
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How