Infographic: How mask waste is hurting the planet
Monday, October 26, 2020
Masks have become a part of our daily lives. However, little thought often goes into their sustainability and where we get them from, resulting in mask waste.
By one estimate, they will contribute 120,000 metric tons of waste in the U.K. alone by next year. This infographic outlines the problems with disposable masks as well as the benefits of reusable masks, especially those made from renewable resources.
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- EPEE: Cooling has an essential role to play
- The environmental benefits of LED lighting
- Can solar energy compete with fossil fuels?
- COVID-19 migration study shows where people are flocking to, fleeing from
- Window film improves building system performance
- US vs. Europe: Comparing different approaches to renewable energy
- Report: The impact of COVID-19 on student achievement
- Reflections from a school leader: What I’m thankful for in 2020
- Study: Vitamin D low in 80% of hospitalized COVID-19 patients
- Committee linkage to the strategic plan
- Remote instruction: The importance of interest, attention, and memory
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How