Infographic: How emotional intelligence can make you successful in business
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
While you can learn a lot of technical skills in school and in the trenches at work, emotional intelligence is a key ingredient to your future success. If you think soft skills and emotional intelligence are just nice to have, think again. Ninety percent of employees that display emotional intelligence are the high performers in a business, and just a single point in emotional intelligence can bring you up to $1,300 in additional income.
So, where did emotional intelligence come from? In 1990, the phrase was coined in a research paper by psychology professors John D. Mayer and Peter Salovey. Later in 1995, Daniel Golman published “Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ.”
What comprises emotional intelligence? Self-awareness, self-regulation and empathy. These, coupled with social skills and motivation, can really get you places.
So, why is this not stressed more in schools before going off to the workforce? Great question.
Learn more about how emotional intelligence is your key to future success in the visual deep dive below:
Infographic courtesy GradSchoolCenter
- 8 exercises for strengthening your business writing
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- Study: Researchers search for better ways to nix inventory errors
- What to do when you notice your team ‘quiet quitting’
- Oklahoma City’s First Americans Museum: A celebration of native culture
- Infographic: Reselling leads to a sustainable future
- What if labor shortage is a long-term threat to the hospitality and tourism industry?
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How