Infographic: Fixing the world of disconnected payments in healthcare
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Healthcare payments can be a big headache for clinics and patients alike. In fact, 25% of unnecessary spending in healthcare goes toward payment processing, totaling $190 billion every year.
Where does the wasted money go? Minor mistakes in data entry can cause insurance claims to be denied. Correcting and resubmitting claims can cost clinics up to $37,000 on average. Time spent correcting insurance claims distracts from services that really matter.
Two-thirds of Americans worry about being able to afford healthcare costs. Many want to know
exactly what services will cost ahead of time. But only half of providers’ estimates turn out to be accurate.
Patients and clinics alike are unsure of what insurance will cover. As high-deductible health plans grow more popular, uncertainty about out-of-pocket costs is on the rise. This uncertainty can lead patients to ignore bills or even avoid treatment altogether.
Learn how technology is streamlining healthcare payments using contactless check-in with this infographic:
- Oral & Dental Healthcare
- Healthcare Administration
- Medical & Allied Healthcare
- Mental Healthcare
- Science & Technology
- Best exercises for gluteus medius strengthening
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- Pectoralis minor: Far from a minor problem
- The importance of hip internal rotation
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- For the new school year, relationships first, academic content later
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- How to help students with reading and L2 acquisition
- Avoiding client-agency breakdown: Always ‘feedforward,’ never feedback
- Podcast: How to sell packages in a cash-based practice
- How to automate SEO tasks for maximum efficiency
- B2B tactic boosts high-value service lines
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How