Infographic: A look at the modern energy market
Tuesday, February 02, 2021
In four years, the renewable energy market will reach $1.5 trillion. In 2019, the solar market generated $18.7 billion in investments while wind contributed $14 billion, plus hundreds of thousands of jobs each. Climate awareness is increasing demand; half of Americans say they would purchase renewable energy and even pay $15 more a month for the chance.
The issue with renewable, reliable energy today is the battery. Renewable energy is generated inconsistently. People still need electricity when the wind is still. Lithium-ion batteries, used since 1912, aren’t a good fit for future demands. Their capacity degrades over time and the batteries are difficult to recycle when they read the end of their lives. Lithium-ion batteries will still work for mobile applications, but not for long, stationary operations.
That’s where vanadium flow batteries come in. Lasting longer and recycling easier, vanadium flow batteries are the sustainable choice.
- Natural Resources
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Facilities & Grounds
- Science & Technology
- Waste Management & Environmental
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- You can’t be what you can’t see
- Top 10 mistakes made on résumés
- It’s not perfectionism that’s hurting us. It’s our approach to it.
- Optometrist discovers cannabinoids as means to identify use of marijuana
- Infographic: Pandemic digital health trends you should know
- Global tourism recovery gets boost from industry leaders at WTTC 2021
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How