Infographic: A look at the modern energy market
Tuesday, February 02, 2021
In four years, the renewable energy market will reach $1.5 trillion. In 2019, the solar market generated $18.7 billion in investments while wind contributed $14 billion, plus hundreds of thousands of jobs each. Climate awareness is increasing demand; half of Americans say they would purchase renewable energy and even pay $15 more a month for the chance.
The issue with renewable, reliable energy today is the battery. Renewable energy is generated inconsistently. People still need electricity when the wind is still. Lithium-ion batteries, used since 1912, aren’t a good fit for future demands. Their capacity degrades over time and the batteries are difficult to recycle when they read the end of their lives. Lithium-ion batteries will still work for mobile applications, but not for long, stationary operations.
That’s where vanadium flow batteries come in. Lasting longer and recycling easier, vanadium flow batteries are the sustainable choice.
- Natural Resources
- Business Management, Services & Risk Management
- Facilities & Grounds
- Science & Technology
- Waste Management & Environmental
- Breaking down barriers to make career and technical pathways accessible for everyone
- How employers are helping employees reduce student loan debt
- Report: Only 6% of US companies offer comprehensive child care benefits
- 3 ways to make your supply chain more resilient
- Millions of high school students set for success: Celebrating Career and Technical Education Month
- Tips for interrupting unconscious bias
- To fight crime, engage kids in quality after-school programs
- 10 negative employee behaviors that undermine success
- Hotel industry trying to capitalize on vaccinated tourists, but continues to face obstacles
- What the growing environmental job market means for economic recovery
- Infographic: Could STIR/SHAKEN regulations help make spam calls the exception?
- America’s favorite lakes for family fun
- An acid test for board discussions
See your work in future editions
Your content, Your Expertise,
Your Industry Needs YOUR Expert Voice & We've got the platform you needFind Out How